Thursday, June 2, 2011

03 Altima 2.5s brake pad change?

im gonna get down to the point, I need to replace my wifes brake pads on her altima rear brakes, lol :( she has worn them down to the metal, and is not driving the car until i get them fixed, how do i fix them? I mean where is a good tutorial video that I can get to show me, also I dont think it would be hard because your just changing the brake pads thats it!!! And its not like its hard to get to them, my friend has replaced them before, I would just like to know what tools I need and a great video or link to show me how to do it, thanks everybody03 Altima 2.5s brake pad change?A couple of notes: If she ran the pads to the metal your rotors are ruined beyond repair Buy only American Or Canadian brake rotors. Wagner, AC Delco or EBC. Pads: Wagner Quiet stop, EBC Green Stuff, Or any top brand ceramic pad. Your right you and I could do this job in two hours. It's too simple not to do yourself. Go to the library and in The Motors, or Chilton's books mimeograph the descriptions and pictures. You need to decide if your willing to buy some good quality metric tools. A 3/8 ratchet and a strip of metric shallow sockets from Sears. You need a floor jack and jack stands.



I think you see that it would be penny wise and pound foolish to spend money for all the specialized equipment to do it your self. Hire an independent and inquire if you can bring in your chosen for-mentioned parts. With the parts and an experienced teacher It would be done quickly. Good Luck.03 Altima 2.5s brake pad change?i would say the best thing for you to do,is go to auto zone and pick up a hanes book on that car.it will explain step by step how to do the job.if she wore it down to the metal,then probably you will have either have the rotors turned or have them replaced.she should have heard the squeeler.